Prof. Josh YiuDirectorB.A.(The University of Chicago), D.Phil.(University of Oxford)firstname.lastname@example.org
Research Interests:Archaistic vessels for devotional purpose; Twentieth-century Chinese painting; Qing material culture; History of collecting; Museum management; Art and technology
- Lui Shou-kwan and the modern ink movement(Ongoing)
- Chinese artduring WWII (Ongoing)
- Digitizing the Sheng Xuanhuai Archive(3/2014 to present)
Prof. Xu XiaodongAssociate DirectorB.A.(Peking University), M.Phil., Ph.D.(CUHK)email@example.com
Research Interests:History of Chinese jade, gold and silver, amber, imperial arts of the Ming and Qing dynasties, artistic interactions between ancient China and the West
- Principal Investigator, 'Canton Enamels in the Qing Dynasty (Exhibition and Publication),' sponsored by The China National Arts Fund, 2022-2023.
- Principal Investigator, ‘Ancient Chinese Gold Working Technique II,’ collaborate with LCSD,HK& Physics Dept., CUHK, sponsored by Chow Tai Fok Jewellery Company Ltd, 9/2018-8/2023.
- Principal investigator, ‘Imported artifacts in the Palace Museum collection: Islamic jades ’,The 13rd Recruitment Program of Global Experts, collaborate with the Palace Museum, Beijing, 11/2017-10/2023
Dr. Ho Pik Ki, PeggyResearch FellowB.S.Sc., M.Phil.(CUHK), Ph.D. (National Taiwan University), Member of the Xiling Seal Engraver's Societypeggyho@cuhk.edu.hk39437408
Research Interests:Chinese Painting and Calligraphy, Studies of Chinese Rubbings, Literati Culture of the Qing Dynasty and Guangdong
- A Restudy of the Ten Treasures of Bei Shan Tang (2022-2023)
- Guangdong Scholar-officials, Merchants and Literati in the Mid-Qing Dynasty (2022-2023)
Dr. Chan Kwun Nam, PhilAssociate Curator (Painting and Calligraphy)B.A., M.Phil., Ph.D. (CUHK)firstname.lastname@example.org 39437409
Research Interests:The Ming, Qing and Modern Chinese calligraphy and painting, including the relation between Chinese poem and painting, and the history of connoisseurship and collecting
- Principal Investigator, "Studies of Chinese Letters in the Collection of the Princeton University Art Museum, and Art Museum, CUHK", Princeton University Art Museum, and Art Museum, CUHK, 2019 to present.
- Co-investigator, "The Bei Shan Tang Legacy: Chinese Painting", sponsored by the Bei Shan Tang Foundation, Art Museum, CUHK, 2015-2019.
- Co-investigator, "Chinese Painting and Calligraphy, an online catalogue of the Seattle Art Museum", sponsored by the J. Paul Getty Foundation, Seattle Art Museum, 2011-2013.
Dr. Wang Guanyu, SamanthaAssociate Curator (Antiquities)B.A., M.Phil. (Peking University), Ph.D. (CUHK)email@example.com
Research Interests:History of Chinese ceramics; Maritime trade ceramics; Transnational history of material culture and the early modern globalization
- Principal Investigator, "Enchanting Expeditions: Chinese Trade Porcelains across the Globe", Art Museum, CUHK, 2019 to present.
- Co-investigator, "Ming Princes and Porcelain: The Porcelain Production and Consumption of Princely Households in the Ming Dynasty", sponsored by the General Research Fund (GRF), 2018 to present.
- Principal Investigator, "Refilling the Interregnum: Newly Discovered Imperial Porcelains from Zhengtong, Jingtai and Tianshun Reigns of the Ming Dynasty", Art Museum, CUHK, 2017-2019.
Dr. Tong Yu, SamAssociate Research FellowB.A. (Guangzhou Academy of Fine Art), M.A.(HKUST), Ph.D.(CUHK)firstname.lastname@example.org
Research Interests:History of Chinese painting and calligraphy, iconography, history of collecting, material culture, ancient craftsmanship, gold and silver, late imperial court art.
- Co-investigator, "Ancient Chinese Gold Techniques II," collaborate with the conservation office of LCSD and Chow Tai Fook master studio, 2018 to present;
- Principal Investigator, "The imperial workshops and the art of Qianlong", Art Museum, 2018 to present.
- Principal Investigator, "Late Qing Chinese art trade records in the Sheng family archive", Art Museum, 2019 to present.
Dr Chow Ying-ching, JoycePostdoctoral FellowB.A. and M.Phil. (National Taiwan University), DPhil (University of Oxford) email@example.com
Research Interests:The Qing imperial art; the culture of Chinese collections; History of Chinese paintings; the exchange between East Asia and the West in early modern period
- Canton export art (ongoing)
- Canton enamels (ongoing)
- The Qianlong Emperor's collection (2015-2020)
Dr. Chen YiHonorary Research AssociateB.A. (Sun Yat-sen University), M. St, D.Phil. (University of Oxford)firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ancient Chinese bronzes
- Visual, material and textual cultures of food and drink in China
- Modern Chinese art
- Digitization of museum collections
- Research and display of the Khoan and Michael Sullivan Collection of Modern and Contemporary Chinese art (2013-2015)
- Permanent display of Early China in the British Museum (2015-2017)
- Collecting history of the Early China collection of the British Museum (2015-2019)
- Eastern Zhou Bronzes from the Houma workshop in the British Museum collection (2018-2019)
- Dresden Porcelain Project (2020 to present)
Mr. Lung Tak Chun, LouisAssistant CuratorB.A., M.Phil. (CUHK) email@example.com 6245
Research Interests: Calligraphy and Paintings of the Ming and Qing dynasties, Ming-dynasty letters and literati circle, the visual culture of rubbings through the Song and Ming dynasties
Research Projects: Study of Xiaohuafang Studio (From 2022)