Become an Art Museum Ambassador (AMA) and:
- Work in our education team, collections team or administrative team as a museum assistant.
- Learn more about Chinese art and train your communication skills as a docent
- Gather with friends from different disciplines regularly to talk about art and culture
- Enjoy priority in registration for our events and discount in purchasing our publications and souvenirs
- Upon completion of required tasks:
(i) Receive a service certificate and a free catalogue.
(ii) Earn a letter of appreciation from our Director with meritorious service for over 100 hours.
- Attend the AMA briefing session^
- Lead 3 guided tours (30 minutes each, must attend training session)*#
- Serve as a museum assistant for 5 hours *#
- Make 1 presentation (3-5 minutes) at the Museum Salon^
^ Keep an eye on our yearly AMA recruitment for details.
* Hours and number of times can be accumulated over years of service. For example if you serve around 2 hours per month, you could have 100 service hours by the end of a 4-year study.
# $57.75 per hour will be paid for service hours after completing the required times for tour and hours for museum assistant work. (For the $57.75 per hour rate, 5% will go to MPF. In short, you will receive $55 per hour after the service.)
Eligibility: All CUHK students (Activities are mostly conducted in Cantonese)
Hui O Ki (Linguistics, Year 4)
Wan Yuk Ping (History, Year 4)